|Trust the Nidas Touch|
|Season 2, Episode 19|
|Air date||September 28, 2013|
Win of the Century
That So Raven
The episode begins with extra supplies being dropped on supply depots, which caused marines in queue to drop out the barracks. The scene then cuts to SCVs (and a mining warhound) mining for minerals when the ground nearby is rumbling. Realizing it is the work of a nydus worm, the SCVs react by drilling the hole however the nydus worm comes out and roars in an SCV's face. But an SCV drills the worm one more time and it dies instantly.
Another nydus worm appears below three barracks and then coughs out a lone zergling. He then proceeds to shoot zerg swarm at an incoming terran squad. A hellbat then comes and the nydus worm attempts to shoot zerg at it but are quickly dispatched off by hellbat's blue flame, forcing the nydus to shoot an ultralisk. Meanwhile, four marines and a ghost run to a bunker for safety but the ghost gets locked out since bunkers hold four terran units only. The ghost then avoids zerg forces and jumps on top of a barracks using parkour to see the destruction of the base.
He sees the ghost academy finished producing nuclear missile and proceeds to launch it at the nydus worm. The idle nydus worm notices the laser pointer and checks what it is, He puts the barracks on the pointer, but it reappears on top of the structure. Realizing that it's a nuclear strike, the worm fearfully attempts to leave by pulling himself up and knocking the barracks off. He is then blown up by the nuclear blast.
Later, a marine and the ghost go near the corpse of the worm and the marine touches the worm, which suddenly eats the marine alive and startles the ghost.
- This is the first appearance of nydus worm since "Heart of the Swarm Opening."
- A red Dominion marine from "Heart of the Swarm Opening" can be seen in a split-second thrown out of nydus worm along with zerg swarm at the second unloading.
- Most of the nydus worm's animations are reused for the StarCrafts Mod.
In-game Refrences Edit
- A warhound is seen mining alongside the SCVs
- This is a reference to the warhound April Fools Joke in 2013, where all the workers of the three races were turned into warhounds.
- This is the first and only appearance of warhound
- SCV killing a nydus worm in one stab may be a weakness in-game.
Cultural References Edit
- The episode's title is a play on words "Trust the Midas Touch", the Midas' commercial motto for automatic services.
- The ghost's wall jump may be a reference to Mario's signature wall jump.