|The Magic Box|
|Season 5, Episode 16|
|Air date||March 4, 2017|
The episode begins with three unpiloted banshees and a command center. Banshee pilot runs out of the building and plays like an airplane until she enters the banshee's cockpit. She lifts off from terran base and enters the zerg hive cluster.
Banshee fires backlash unto zerg buildings, the pilot simply hammering a red button. Spore crawler uproots and crawls toward the banshee, which then flees and kites the spore crawler. When the spore crawler reaches the edge of the creep, it slows down extremely. Banshee cloaks and continues kiting the base until the overseer shows up after final turn, who detects her.
Overseer calls in flock of mutalisks to attack while he points at the banshee. After few quick chases, he grows tired guide them. Banshee seeks shelter behind thor who then activates 250mm Punisher Cannons toward the flock. However, the mutalisks space separately, causing the cannons to sweep through them unharmed. Banshee flees and the mutalisks devour the thor into pieces.
- The episode's title was written as "Ep 15" when the episode was aired on YouTube. It was corrected to "Ep 16" after many users' comments reminding the uploader.
- Banshee finally made her second appearance in a longest gap ever for all StarCrafts units, beginning in her debut episode in Season 1, "Shes the Bomb".
- Banshees still have two turbofans in the space-themed battlefield, although they are normally used in planetary battlefields with stable atmosphere. Banshees need special propulsion system for zero-pressure and weightless environment.
- Banshee pilot made her debut as a female pilot besides Medivac Pilot.
- Overseer points at the enemy units using detection for the third time since "Legacy of the Void Opening" and "Undermine the Overmind".
- Blue thor reappeared since, "Thunder and Lightning", not counting "Alliance" episodes.
- One of the mutalisks fall after being chased by both marines because Crackhead used flyswatter as a weapon for Gauss Rifle to attack air units.
In-game References Edit
- Spore crawler moves extremely slowly when it goes out of creep like queens do.
- Thor's 250mm Punisher Cannons that strike a single air unit fro 35 damage does not hit when mutalisks scatter in near-miss.
- Swarm of mutalisks flee because basic ground-to-air units like marines can shoot them with high damage.