|Season 1, Episode 13|
|Air date||November 10, 2012|
Shes the Bomb
The BWC 2012
Spore Loser is the thirteenth episode in the first season of StarCrafts.
Three phoenixes teleported from the stargate under chrono boost ability. While they soar up to the sky, they passed a terran viking, causing it to be spun, and the viking blasts torpedoes at them in retaliation.
In the zerg hive cluster, the queen places a basket of larva eggs around the hatchery. The phoenixes arrive and attack the overlord playing with hatchery's top horn, making the overlord deflate like a balloon. One of them uses graviton beam to levitate a drone, and others shoot at it violently. The queen becomes outraged with reddish eyes and attacks them using acid spines, but she is lifted next. They continue to kill more drones while one is mutating into a spore crawler for an anti-air defense. By the time it finishes mutating, the phoenixes have already killed all the units and left. A new overlord hatches from a remaining egg, but it gets hit by the aforementioned viking's torpedoes.
- This is the first appearance of zerg queen who acts as the kind, but furiously protective mother of the brood.
- The first word of the title is the portmanteau of "spore" and "sore."
- Before the queen unleashes her fury, an overlord on the background turns around in fear and dismisses from trouble.
- Also, roach warren can be seen on the left side of the background
- Unit quotations from StarCraft II used:
- Phoenix: "Teleport successful."
- Viking: "Made for battle."
In-game References Edit
- An exaggerated chrono boost ability on the stargate is shown at the beginning, referring to their faster process.
- Queen planting eggs around hatchery uses spawn larva ability. Later she will spawn more larvae in, "Beat by Creep."