|Season 5, Episode 4|
|Air date||June 17, 2016|
Nova Covert Oops
The episode starts with the lift-off command center floating onto the mineral field for an expansion base. When it lands on the right spot, it however lifts-off stubbornly. It repeats numerous times without success. A marine scratches his hand while another shrugs. It is revealed that a lone zergling has burrowed under the command center bouncing onto its head painlessly.
Marine goes inside the orbital command on the main base and shoves the worker off. He presses "Scan Dat!" button to use scanner sweep and detect the obstacle, but it responds, "not enough energy." Back at the area, another marine places a third marine on the burrowed zergling, and the hellion then inflames him. It does no effect on zergling, except for a marine running in panic by fire.
Marine then snaps with the third idea. He pushes the siege tank in, sets the third marine on the same position, and places an apple on his head. The siege tank, in siege mode, fires the cannon at the marine, bouncing him off. However, it does a small amount of damage on zergling whose part is chunked off.
Group of marines around the zergling realize that it had no option to remove an obstacle, even a widow mine. Fortunately, the orbital command's energy charges up to 50 out of 200, and the marine waiting for recharge is tempted. When the scanner sweep is cast over the group of marines, the zergling is revealed. Siege tank immediately blasts it off, but the splash damage also kills the marines, unfortunately.
Command center cheers with confetti and party blower, and finally lands by the mineral field. Siege tank transforms back to tank mode and drives off.
- This is the first appearance of hellion since "Hellraiser."
In-game References Edit
- Command center does not land when an enemy, even a burrowed zerg unit, blocks its way, except for friendly units that move out of its way. It is the second time the tactic is used since "Base to Base."
- Units cannot attack an empty target unless a friendly or enemy unit is targeted.
- Siege tank's splash damage may deal minimum damage on burrowed units.
Cultural references Edit
- Using apple on the marine is a common feat in archery. It was recently used in "Nexus Holdem."