|Season 1, Episode 8|
|Air date||October 9, 2012|
Roach Poach is the eighth episode in the first season of StarCrafts.
The episode continues where "Roach Approach" left off, with the roaches tunneling toward the terran main base. They encounter a supply depot wall. A roach knocks on the depot wall. A marine lowers the wall. The roaches sneak in through the lowered supply depot. The marine finds nobody outside, not knowing that he let the roaches go inside. When the supply depot raises up, there are large holes in it where the roaches have tunneled through. They resurface among the SCVs at the orbital command and entraps one of them, slowly drooling a drop of acid saliva on its face. The SCV is saved when a marauder intervenes with a blast at the torturing roach, and its second shot roasts it. Another roach retreats through burrowing but is revealed by the orbital command's satellite dish. The marauder and a marine chase it. The roach tunnels through a cliff face and falls off the cliff.
- When the orbital command's satellite dish points toward the running burrowed roach to detect, it doesn't use scanner sweep ability yet.
- Unit quotations from Starcraft II used:
- Marauder: "KABOOM, Baby!"
Cultural References Edit
- The orbital command's satellite dish pointing towards the roach is a reference to its ability to detect burrowed units with scanner sweeps.
- The scene where a roach tries to drool acid on SCV's face from its mouth may be a reference to Space Quest V: The Next Mutation where a mutant tries to infect Roger Wilco with a salivary mutagen.
- The scene where a burrowing roach falls down the cliff is a reference to the ending of Tremors.
In-game Refrences Edit
- StarCraft II players sometimes ask why units or structures are not damaged when burrowed roaches go under them.