- "This is Jimmy"
- ―Jimmity Raynor
Jim Raynor is a former terran marshal turned rebel, who has become one of the major figures in the Koprulu sector through his work to bring down the Confederacy and, later, in the struggle against the Confederacy's successor, the Dominion. Raynor is one of the few terrans to engage in a long-term alliance with the protoss.
Raynor's design is similar to a marine, apart from being gray in color and the visor being usually open. He is shown in episodes of StarCrafts and HeroStorm to be silly and somewhat childish. He is often seen with his tongue sticking out, similarly to Derpfestor from StarCrafts. He sees his weapons as toys, such as his rifle or battlecruiser and makes a lot of spit noises.
- Penetrating Round (Q): Deals 249.6 (+4% per level) damage and knocks enemies back.
- Inspire (W) : Gain 30% bonus Attack Speed for 6 seconds. Nearby allies gain half of the bonus.
- Adrenaline Rush (E): Automatically activates to heal for 457.6 (+4% per level) when you are below 30% Health.
- Advanced Optics [Passive]: Basic Attack range is 20% further than other ranged Heroes, and you see 10% further than other Heroes.
- Hyperion [Heroic Ability]: Order the Hyperion to make a strafing run dealing 68.64 (+4% per level) damage a second, hitting up to 4 enemies. Also occasionally fires its Yamato Cannon on Structures for 825.76 (+4% per level) damage.
- Raynor's Raiders [Heroic Ability] Summon two Stealthed Banshees that attack an enemy. Each Banshee deals 31 (+4% per level) damage a second and lasts 22 seconds. Can reactivate the Ability to retarget the Banshees.
- Heroes of the Storm sprays and portraits