|Got 99 Probelems|
|Season 2, Episode 2|
|Air date||May 4, 2013|
Reaping the Benefits
Got 99 Problems is the second episode in the second season of StarCrafts. It is the twenty-seventh episode overall.
After the zerg drone chases the probe away, the probe goes toward the terran base. An SCV is seen building a barracks, but gets terrified when someone passes by like a ghost. He continues to finish a poorly-built barracks according to the illustration with a childish title, "'B' is for barracks". When he looks around, he notices the terran base in rampage by protoss' defense structures thanks to the probe who throws cheeses at the command center.
Another SCV gets a hold on the third SCV in the escaping command center, but his hand slips and falls down in the middle of photon cannons, and is destroyed. The frozen SCV watches the destruction, ignoring a fourth SCV on fire who goes toward the cliff to the lava.
- The clip from "GL HF" is used in the opening scene.
- Bob the Ragelot is again shown on the lava lake as cameo appearance, same from the previous episode.
- Probe-phobic SCV made his return since his appearance in the first episode, "Probelem."
- That said, the episode's title makes the use of "Probelem" involving probes.
- The illustration of barracks on paper is taken from "Marine Training."
- The title on the illustration "'B' is for barracks" is a hotkey for SCV in StarCraft games to build barracks
In-game Refrences Edit
- The entire episode is based on cheap ways to rush your opponent early on in the game before the opponent even finishes his/her barracks.
Cultural References Edit
- Probe throwing a cheese is a reference to "cheesing" tactic in most strategy games. For example, in StarCraft II, a player builds a basic unit-training base in a scouted enemy base, such as "Proxy-Gateway", "4/5 Pool" and "BBS.", in order to win the game easily.
- "Throwing a cheese" at a floating object literally is a reference to ASDF Movie's "Throw the Cheese".
- "Throwing a cheese" ability is now added in StarCrafts Mod.
- The title of the episode is a parody of Jay-Z's song, "99 Problems"