|Game of Drones|
|Season 5, Episode 1|
|Air date||April 2, 2016|
Season 5 Episode 0
The episode starts with inital zerg hive cluster on the space platform, along with a single overlord but more than four drones are present. Two drones evolve themselves into morphing into excavators on both vespene geysers, and two out of three larvae morph into drone.
The overlord scratches his back, but he sees two drones cancelling from creating excavators while two new drones hatch at the same time. He is wide eyed that the mining drones are more than the normal quantity he controls. He counts the drones repeatedly, shakes his head as he miscounts. He then notices the results on his calculator wearily: sixteen out of fourteen zerg units are present. He becomes anxious as he can't control more than eight units, and he drops his sweat gradually.
However, protoss adept fades in after the psionic transfer is used. Overlord ponders. Adept hammers two drones with her glaive cannon, fires at another, and kicks at another. As the harassment continues, overlord wipes his forehead in relief and drifts away.
- Protoss adept appears for the first time in the accumulative episode since "Legacy of the Void Opening."
- When the environment is a space platform since the prelude episode, the vespene geyser is now an vespene exhaust vent.
- A drone after hatching from cocoon receives a happy expression, making it the first time to reveal drone's mouth.
- However, in StarCrafts Mod, a drone portrait is shown eating a mineral with its mouth open wide.
In-game References Edit
- Since the calculator says that the control limit is 14, a hatchery controls 6 units while an overlord controls 8.
- Cancelling extractors while any number of drones are in process is a technique for zerg players to increase the mineral harvesting.
- Adept uses a harassment tactic to shorten the mining production, as adepts are used dangerously against mining units in the initial base.
Cultural references Edit
- The title of this episode is a parody of Game of Thrones, the popular fantasy-themed television show.