|Season 3, Episode 2|
|Air date||March 24, 2014|
Not Enough Minerals
Base to Base
The episode begins with Derpfestor tying a piece of string to a piece of cheese. He then ties it to a stick.
The episode cuts to a desert scene, with an red overlord and a purple overlord scouting the same area. They bump into each other and get frustrated. Suddenly, a group of red zerglings (one of which is lured by a piece of cheese tied in front of it) pass through the area. The red overlord covers the purple one's eyes to prevent him from seeing the rush. A queen is seen slowly coming out of the purple hatchery but is quickly torn apart by the red zerglings. One red zergling plays with the larvae. Suddenly, purple zerglings hatch from eggs. One purple zergling begins fighting with a red one. Eventually, the purple zergling beings morphing into a baneling. All the red zerglings begin to attack the baneling cocoon until it hatches, causing it to explode and kill the zerglings.
- This is the only Season 3 episode without an official title card.
- This is the third appearance of cheese. First was "Got 99 Probelems" and second was "Core Values."
- This episode is the first appearance of the Scouting Overlords.
- The overlords later befriended each other in ZvZ.
- The ending where baneling kills three zerglings became negatively questionable by fans due to gruesome end.
- This is the first episode to feature only zerg race.
- However, a battlecruiser from "Season 3 Episode 0" can be seen at Scouting Overlords scene.
Cultural References Edit
- The group of zerglings attacking early in the game is a reference to a "6 pool rush", an early game rush where a player tries to get zerglings as soon as possible to attack before the opponent prepares defenses.
- Derpfestor's cheese lure is a reference to a common term used to describe rushes, "cheesing".
- A silhouette of Roadrunner from Looney Tunes can be seen on the background where red zerglings enter the ramp to purple zerg hive cluster.