|BroodWar Ep 8|
|Season 4, Episode 8|
|Air date||January 18, 2015|
BroodWar Ep 7
BroodWar Ep 9
The episode starts with three overlords growling and grunting at each other. Meanwhile, dark templar sprints into the zerg hive cluster, while a defiler consuming a hydralisk- who is still intact and waves without recognizing the running dark templar due to it's permanent cloaking. Three overlords notice the templar tip-toeing toward sunken colony, which then stabs and slams him to death since he is detected.
Nuking Ghost appears to target nuclear strike (without a red laser dot), but the sunken colony pokes and penetrates the ghost due to overlords' detection.
Corsair flies by to attack one of the overlords' eyes with it's neutron flare guns. It's flashy attack cues electronic techno music and causes an overlord to experience seizures and eye bugs, and the overlord drops down unconscious. The corsair flashes the next overlord, it follows repeatedly.
An overlord uses metal detector to hear hidden objects through headphones. When it notices it, it warns the hydralisk to attack it, but it turns out to be a spider mine which unburrows then detonates, causing the hydralisk to be blown into pieces. The frustrated overlord gives up, drops the gadgets, and slowly drifts away.
- According to Jonathan Burton, he explained: "This is why overlords quit their detection job."
- This is the first episode where overlords open their mouths since "Overlord Overload", except it is hollow open.
- The ghost's transparency is faded as cloak ability is used, but the dark templar isn't.
- This is the first time where Nuking Ghost's nuclear target isn't shown.
- The background full of hatcheries is a reference to zerg macro-management strategy when spawning more zerg units.
- Hatcheries and second hydralisk's team color is paler than others, strangely.
- Sunken colony is based on spine crawler in StarCraft II.
- This is the second time seizure-causing scene with background music is used. First was in "Protoss Party."
- When spider mine kills a hydralisk, the hydralisk's death soundbite isn't used.
- Metal detector is a pun on detector units and buildings' ability against burrowed units.